Thursday, March 22, 2007

Mea Culpa

Yes, I know that I haven't been writing lately and I really wish I had a good reason like I snorted 8 grams of splenda, or I exchanged livers with a diabetic unicorn. But sadly, the truth is I just haven't been very motivated and the unicorn really isn't diabetic. Okay, so that's not the entire truth either. . . . . the stabbing reality is that my life is not all that exciting so I have to make up shit about unicorns and edible underwear to keep the five of you who read my blog mildly entertained long enough until something worth documenting actually happens. (I'm still waiting for those booby traps to go off.)

One common practice I seem to run into a lot when reading other people’s blogs, is the “apology entry”, also known as the “sorry I haven’t been writing lately because [insert lame excuse here].” I would most certainly conform to such practices if I hadn’t coerced or bribed all of you to visit my blog to begin with. That’s kind of like apologizing to someone before you amputate their foot. So, in lieu of an eloquent, well thought out, meaningfully sincere, and elaborate apology, I’ll just admit to having done quite a bit, but being too lazy to put any of it into words for your entertainment, however mild or short it may be.

Alright fine . . . . . . . . . I’m sorry. My bad.

Stop looking at me like that.

No comments: