Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Forget Paris

One of the many things I love about my job is meeting new and interesting people. People that, under normal circumstances, I would have never met and would have never had the opportunity to be enlightened by their knowledge and experiences.

As I’ve mentioned many times before, talking is not usually a customary practice during a massage, but often time you are blessed with someone in your midst that is not only extraordinary, but willing to talk to you and share a bit of who they are.

Over the years I’ve massaged people from every walk of life and from every profession. Professional bodybuilders, surfers, powerful CEO’s, criminal lawyers, politicians, professional horseback riders, singers, dancers, artists, doctors, restaurant owners, preachers, and linguists. The list goes on and on. I’ve truly been blessed to have been placed in the path of these people, if only for a little while.

Yesterday, I had a wonderful client who was a former journalist with a rich history in international business and P.R. work. She was very well traveled and we spoke in Spanish, English, and French. She talked to me about when she lived in Paris, how amazing the people in Japan were, and even about the political history of my own birth country. I was captivated by her stories and before our time was up, she had even recommended a book for me to read. She said that she’d bring it to me upon her next visit.

I’ve always been a dreamer and hopeless romantic of sorts, with aspirations to travel the world learning different languages and immersing myself completely in foreign cultures. I want to experience backpacking through Europe, walking along the Great Wall of China, and looking directly into the eyes of a curious young cheetah who’s decided to lounge on the hood of my jeep after a meal. Hiking in Tibet, Sailing in Greece, Muay Thai fights in Thailand, and carnivals in Brazil. South Africa, Australia, India, and Japan, [deep sigh] what amazing adventures I would have . . . . .

5 comments:

Special K said...

...........or at a sleepover in a tree house with blanket, schamone!

la cubana gringa said...

The list sounds lovely. But DON'T forget Paris. It's worth at least a couple trips.

Bitty said...

Where would you go first?

tulip said...

Don't forget about the amazing trip to Florida we've been talking about!

Mr. Poopie said...

special k - as long as I get to be Peter Pan . . . . [hee-hee]

lcg - You only say that because of the cheese! No worries, it's just the name of a movie. You see, cuz what I've been doing for like a decade now is use movie titles for blog entries. Yeah. Neat huh?

Bitty - where ever your plane is going. I so forgot to mention Canada didn't I?

Tulip - I wouldn't miss it for the world. Well, more than once anyway.