Thursday, October 23, 2008

Zodiac

Well, since nobody could figure out the movie references from my last post, I suppose I'll have to tell you now. Not that anyone was hounding me to spill it or anything, I just figured in the midst of a an economic meltdown that people should have their movie quotes in order. Better yet, because I like to drag things out for my own twisted amusement, I will offer a couple of obnoxiously obvious clues, to assist you in providing the answers. Commencing obnoxiously obvious clue description now:

The first movie reference (rounded to the nearest decimal point) had been taken from a much larger monologue by a pet lover standing in an empty swimming pool, investigating the kidnapping of a bottle nose dolphin, or Tursiops Truncatus. Gee, I wonder who that could be.

The second, (It is my purpose to know) was said by a man who is known simply as the Key Maker. His purpose, as his name fittingly describes, is to make keys. He has keys for everything, Ducati motorcycles, Doors leading to the source, etc. Unlike some of his friends, he did not possess the ability to dodge bullets. But then again, some of his friends didn't have to.

Please tell me you know these. Pretty Please?

Bonus: I'm not questioning your powers of observation, I'm merely remarking upon the paradox of asking a masked man who he is.

11 comments:

Cheasty said...

ok, well now i know definitively that i have never seen, nor even had anybody tell me the plotline of either of those movies. my ego is somewhat assuaged, as i love movie quotes and was quite desperate at not recognizing either of yours. of course, it´ll be bruised again if you tell me what they are and then I´m like, "doh!"

B.E. Earl said...

The first is from the original Ace Ventura flick. The second is from Matrix Reloaded.

Or was I supposed to keep these to myself?

Holly Hall said...

GOSH DARNIT EARL!

Ya know. you could wait and give other people a chance.

Well, still love your blog and all.

:)


Holly Hall

Mr. Poopie said...

[glaring at earl through squinted eyes]Yeah, thanks earl. Like someone of your movie caliber should be answering questions that are so painfully obvious. Way to ruin the game buddy.

Mr. Poopie said...

Any guesses on the Bonus quote?

Anonymous said...

V for Vendetta!

Anonymous said...

anonymous = Bitty by the way.

I'm not trying to be mysterious, just can't remember my log-in...

Lindsey said...

I knew them. I did. But, you know...earl.

Sass said...

I just stumbled upon your blog, and I was very proud to know the Ace Ventura reference. I'm wondering if maybe I need a hobby. :)

I'm going with...the second one...one of the Matrix movies?

I'll be back!

~sass

Mr. Poopie said...

bitty - Oh, bitty, I knew that was you lurking in the ominous shadows of blogger night like a little Canadian Ninja! Welcome back! And yes, it was V for Vendetta.

lindsey - I know, I know, I've already sent him hate mail.

sass - well, glad you decided to stop by. Stay as long as you like, but you break you buy!

Anonymous said...

I've been loyally reading your blog, only not so loyally writing my own. Being a lurker has its advantages but I can't resist movie trivia. If it weren't for Fight Club and Simpsons quotes peppered throughout my speech I won't have anything to say about anything.

-Bitty