Wednesday, December 10, 2008

8 mile

Well, I think it's pretty obvious who the Dumb ass of the week is. Unquestionably, the award is bestowed to Plaxico Buress, a wide receiver for the New York Giants football team.

If you haven't heard already, numb nuts took a loaded weapon to a nightclub, and accidentally shot his stupid ass self in the leg. Right. In. The. Leg. I think I may have to repeat this for the sake of clarity; this man entered a night club with a LOADED weapon concealed in the waistline of his PANTS. And the only reason, he got caught for doing so illegally, was the minute fact that the gun accidentally discharged while in his trousers. And I thought this sort of thing only happened to fictional characters like Cheddar Bob.

What I think is even more asinine than the actual act of shooting himself in the leg, is that he is pleading not guilty to charges of criminal possession of a weapon, (basically carrying a weapon without a license) and carrying ammunition for said weapon. Both by the way, are Class C felonies, for which fuck face could be sentenced to 3 1/2 to 15 years in jail if convicted. Gee I wonder what the defense is going to use as their strategy; It wasn't me? Having to receive hospitalization for a gunshot wound from the very weapon you were carrying seems like very incriminating evidence to the contrary. a) You can't successfully shoot yourself in the leg without a gun and b) For you to receive a gunshot wound from the aforementioned weapon, there has to be the presence of ammunition. Guilty as charged, on both accounts.

I am sick and tired of hearing about these professional athletes with weapons in night clubs. How are they even allowed to bring firearms into nightclubs to begin with? If you're so worried about your safety, then hire a damn bodyguard or hang out with the offensive linemen. I'm pretty certain they could stop a bullet or two. Or here's a brilliant idea, If you're supposed to be recovering from an injury, how about not even going out to a fucking club to begin with? How bout that? Ass clown.

I don't think there should be any leniency because he's a professional athlete either. If anything, he should be prosecuted even more harshly for thinking he was above the law. I'm usually not one to desire ill towards my fellow man, but I gotta say, I hope he goes to jail. If for nothing else, just for being a dumb ass.

8 comments:

Amy xxoo said...

So am i to assume that you're a Giants fan ? Because i was more of a Jets girl when i lived in the US - if only because my three year old charge prounounced it "Jits ".

Too cute!

Holly Hall said...

Ok so what um, does the eminem movie have to do with this post.

well, maybe because mr. mathers pistal whipped someone in a club once?

hmm

:)

Mrs. Hall

Mr. Poopie said...

Amy - Nope not a Giants fan. Just a bastion for justice and a true fan of dumb asses. Go "Jits"!

Holly - My dear Mrs. Hall . . . Eminem's buddy Cheddar Bob, SHOT HIMSELF IN THE LEG!!!! Aaaarrrgh.

Holly Hall said...

jeez.

touchy touchy.

so, um, who is cheddar bob?

is that Plaxico Buress's nickname?

Wait, wait, never mind.

I am sure the answer is out there somewhere.

Either way. Good post

;)

Mrs. Hall

Krissyface said...

yes, who IS Cheddar Bob?
I think that's a good name for a pet.

Regina said...

I'm with you brother. What kind of message are we sending young people when these professional athletes get away with criminal acts, because they can run faster or have more money. I am sick to death of it. I think Vick should have gotten more time and I am with you, send Dumb Ass to the big house.

Lindsey said...

He was screwed the minute his momma named him "Plaxico". He was destined for numb-nuttery.

Cheasty said...

hey mr. poopie, where'd you go? come back to internet-landia!