Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bonzai Daniel-san

Hey, it’s Haiku Wednesday! Well, okay, maybe I just made that up. Fine, maybe someone else suggested it, and then I created it. Does it really matter who in the  

Hey everyone, it’s Haiku Wednesday! I had this great idea come to me, and I thought I would share with you some Haiku. Nothing fancy….just something to put on the blog since I have people hounding affectionately reminding me to update it. I do have a few things in the works: short stories, poems, book reviews, and some random musings, however, I know how some of you like to intermittently hear my voice (and I suppose I should be more disciplined with writing everyday as well) I do not protest, I just don’t always like what my fingers type….I’m such a diva….or a perfectionist. I could be bipolar…I’ll take Haiku Wednesday for $200 Alex…

My dog is creepy.
He sits and stares at me.
I wish he could drive.


I love basketball.
My soul rejoices and sings.
My thumb is swollen.


The Rain is lovely.
Each drop fills my heart with joy.
The weatherman sucks.


The spider pulls close,
The corners of her device.
The prism deceives.


Raven and the moon,
Whisper deep into the night.
The wind's breath is cold.

5 comments:

jbchicoine said...

Okay, I have to say that's some pretty good haiku! I especially like the creepy dog one, and the rain...I really enjoy your sense of the ironic!
Yeah, and that last one was pretty good, too :)

Eucca said...

A parade of truths
in raft musing it dwells
the stuff of silence

I wanted to haiku, too!

Brown said...

j.b. - welcome back! Looks like I really did hook you with "vicissitudes" eh? Glad you liked the haiku....just me messin around.

Eucca - loved it! We can haiku whenever you want....I mean, uh....yeah.

heartinsanfrancisco said...

I love haiku! So glad you're doing this. I think the basketball one works best for me, but they're all wonderful. I periodically get into haiku mode, too.

Brown said...

s.f. - Hey you! I look forward to the next round. I can be a little scatterbrained, so you may have to remind me that it's haiku time every now and again.