Friday, February 14, 2014

I hope death is as quiet
as I imagine it. 
No mourners to and fro. 
No Dante,
no 9 circles of Hell, 
or creaking
across my soul.
Polite and purposeful
like a waitress filling my cup,
or a shiny beetle trekking across my lapel 
calculating with speech,
choosing her words
as though each
were expensive fruit
or a frail and brittle antique.
Graceful and elegant

devoid of riddles
precise and thoughtful, 
cognizant of time's reach
and slow, steady heartbeat.
Come quickly madame,
but stay only a while
cradling my head
as you peer in my eyes.
Hum your lullaby
and conjure your muse
as sleep descends
from starry skies.

By Brown


3 comments:

mischief said...

When you put it like that it makes me want to die immediately. By which I mean I love your poem terribly much.

Brown said...

Mischief - Thank you my dear!

abo-bder said...


شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف قصور بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مسابح بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مساجد بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف واجهات حجر بالدمام
شركة تنظيف واجهات زجاج بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
شركة نقل اثاث بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالاحساء
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام والاحساء
شركة تنظيف بالخبر
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالخبر
شركة نقل اثاث بالخبر
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف براس تنورة
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف بسيهات
شركة تنظيف بالظهران
شركة تنظيف بالهفوف
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالجبيل
شركة مكافحة حشرات براس تنورة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالقطيف